Our valued client has an opportunity for a Jr. Commercial Producer to join their team!
The successful candidate will be responsible for the growth of a portfolio of new client accounts in commercial lines of insurance. Ongoing sales and service to support these clients is necessary along with maintaining strong communication with vendors. This role acts as an intermediary between clients and insurance companies in dealing with claims issues.
- Reaching out for new business, not afraid to make a call
- Going the extra mile to understanding and delivering on clients needs and understanding the nature of their business
- Gathering of information and ensuring accurate data input for the systems.
- Reviewing current coverage and updating on assets, information and claims history
- Staying abreast new insurance market trends and being proactive in assessing clients needs.
- Acquiring new clients and following up on all leads and preparing of documentation.
- Be a part of team that works together, be a mentor and resource for one another.
- High school diploma plus post-secondary education
- Related insurance course work strongly desired (CIP, CAIB or working towards)
- Level 2 General Insurance License required.
- 1 -2 years experience in insurance industry is an asset
- Intermediate working knowledge/skills of Microsoft office, and Broker Management Software (i.e. TAMS, Policy works etc.).
About the Company:
Our client is a leading insurance brokerage in Edmonton that has been around for 60 years and their first loyalty lies with long-standing clients of the community. This broker prides themselves on devoting the time to listen to the customers needs and deliver on those needs. They work with many insurance carriers and operate in the commercial and personal lines space. Education is valued at this firm and they are here to support your growth.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Heidi Scott at 587-525-5536 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position directly.